GreenCape is recruiting a Senior Energy Analyst
Nov 27, 2020
GreenCape is hiring!
GreenCape is recruiting a Senior Energy Analyst.
GreenCape Energy Programme
The GreenCape Energy Program is active throughout South Africa with a focus on both supply and demand aspects of the South African Energy Market. The program’s goal is to increase job creation and investment into green technology and services that support the energy sector. GreenCape would like to appoint an Electrical Engineer to their Energy team. The Engineer will be exposed to a wide range of projects in the energy field, including renewable energy, energy efficiency, electric vehicles and smart
grids. This role aims to provide technical skills to the energy team. The candidate must have a passion for the South African renewable energy market and be interested in travelling around South Africa.
Contract length and remuneration
This is a full-time contract position, until 31 March 2022. This contract will be renewed to a longer duration subject to GreenCape’s standard contracting conditions. Contract renewal will depend on performance and the HR requirements of the organisation at the time. There will be a three-month probation period for this position.
Remuneration will be market-related, with the recognition that GreenCape is a not-for-profit organisation. Medical aid is offered as an employee benefit (subject to some conditions).
Offers made will take qualifications, experience and level of responsibility into account.
Applications and queries can be submitted via email to the Energy Programme Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must include:
- A well written letter of motivation indicating what motivates the candidate to apply for the role:
- What the candidate feels he/she brings to the role that would make him/her a preferred candidate;
- An indication of current salary and salary expectations;
- An indication of when the candidate would be available to commence work;
- Please also note how the candidate became aware of the job opportunity
- A detailed CV
- Copies of academic transcripts
- Proof of eligibility to work in South Africa (copy of SA ID or work permit)
- All applicants must complete the GreenCape online application form. You can complete the application form by accessing this link.
Only candidates who are shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. Candidates who have not heard from GreenCape by 31 January 2021 should consider their application unsuccessful.
Note that GreenCape reserves the right to not appoint to positions or to change the role in response to applicant abilities and interests. Preference will be given to designated groups and people with disabilities. All appointments will be done in accordance with our Employment Equity Plan.
To access the full job description and application requirements, click here.