GreenCape Job Opportunity: Senior Analyst: Utility-Scale Renewable Energy / Green Hydrogen
May 25, 2022
GreenCape is hiring!
The company is looking to recruit a Senior Analyst: Utility-Scale Renewable Energy / Green Hydrogen.
Access the full job description here.
A successful candidate for the position will:
- Through a combination of studies (preferably at a Post Graduate level in engineering, economics, finance, resource management or environmental sciences) and/ or relevant work experience, have acquired knowledge and experience in the Utility-Scale Renewable Energy sector, business development and/or green technologies;
- Be able to confidently initiate and foster productive, professional relationships with a large variety of stakeholders, including business, investors and government;
- Have the ability to work as an individual as well as in a team;
- Have strong communication skills (written and verbal), with confidence in both formal and informal public speaking engagements; and
- Possess problem-solving skills, and an ability to identify, understand and quantify the viability and size of Utility-Scale Renewable Energy sector opportunities.
- Possess a valid SA driver’s license
The following will be an advantage:
- Fluency in Afrikaans, siSwati, isiXhosa or isiZulu.
- An existing network of key stakeholders in the Utility-Scale Renewable Energy sector (such as technology providers, consultants, government, catchment management agencies, NGOs and academia).
- An existing understanding of Utility-Scale Renewable Energy-related technologies and future markets (i.e. Green Hydrogen).
- Implementation experience in developing renewable energy projects.
In addition to the specific role, the candidate will also be required to work with the rest of GreenCape’s team and contribute their knowledge and experience to other relevant projects
This is a contract position. The contract will then be renewed for 3 years. Contract renewal will depend on performance and the project requirements of the organisation at the time. There will be a three-month probation period for this position.
Remuneration will be market-related, with the recognition that GreenCape is a not-for-profit organisation. Medical aid is offered as an employee benefit (subject to some conditions).
Offers made will take qualifications, experience and level of responsibility into account.
Applications must include:
- A well-written letter of motivation indicating what motivates the candidate to apply for the role: What the candidate feels he/she brings to the role that would make him/her a preferred candidate; An indication of current salary and salary expectations; An indication of when the candidate would be available to commence work; Please also note how the candidate became aware of the job opportunity.
- A detailed CV
- Copies of academic transcripts
- Proof of eligibility to work in South Africa (copy of SA ID or work permit)
- All applicants must complete the GreenCape online application form. You can complete the application form by accessing this link.
Only candidates who are shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. The closing date for applications is 10th June 2022. Should you not hear back from the company by 17th June 2022, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
Note that GreenCape reserves the right to not appoint to positions or to change the role in response to applicant abilities and interests. Preference will be given to designated groups and people with disabilities. All appointments will be done in accordance with our Employment Equity Plan.