Contact the team
Green Finance Lead
The Green Finance Desk (GFD) primarily acts as a facilitator in the financing of green projects and green business. The GDF works across all sector desks at GreenCape and its objectives are to:
- Develop a network of financial institutions (private and public) with green finance interests.
- Develop an understanding of the main green projects requiring investment/financing.
- Break down any barriers that exist between green finance and green projects.
- Facilitate the implementation/adoption of innovative financing solutions for green economy business models.
- Provide ad hoc support to programmes and initiatives requiring a financial/investment viewpoint.
The GFD has developed a tool to locate financiers in the green funding space, which is hosted on the South African National Energy Development Institute (SANEDI) website. The database is also available to download here.