Sustainable (Green) Finance Programme
GreenCape’s Sustainable (Green) Finance Programme is an exciting emerging programme at GreenCape, with a cross-sector support function to support the established programmes at GreenCape (energy, circular economy, water & agriculture programmes). This also includes implementing dedicated sustainable finance projects (understanding the financing landscape in South Africa, developing investment strategies, creating innovative financial instruments, supporting direct and indirect investments into the Green Economy). Overall, the programme aims to increase job creation and investment into green technologies and services. This is achieved through developing networks, and building capacity on the finance supply side (financial institutions and investors) and the finance demand side (green technology businesses, projects or users).
GreenCape would like to appoint an analyst to the team, within our wider mandate to support the growth of the green economy as well as specifically funded green finance projects. The analyst can expect to work on understanding and building the knowledge base within GreenCape of the green finance landscape in South Africa. This includes sharing and expanding that knowledge base within green economy businesses and investment opportunities, increasing and connecting the supply of green finance as well as the demand for green finance, facilitating green economy and sustainable finance investment, thereby growing and developing the green economy in South Africa.
The responsibilities of the analyst will be to:
- Work as part of the sustainable finance team, reporting to the Programme Manager.
- Focus on developing the market for sustainable finance.
- Providing technical expertise to the team as well as to other Programmes at GreenCape.
- Project manage both internal and external projects in South Africa.
- Participate in meetings and workshops, or interact with government, green economy andfinance sector stakeholders.
- Present research and project outcomes to government, industry or the public.
- Understand the bigger picture in the South African economy and the role of green andsustainable technologies
To access the full job advert by clicking the link: Analyst_Green Finance Job Advert Final (August 2023).
Only candidates who are shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. The closing date for applications is 31 August 2023. Should you not hear back from the company by 08 September 2023, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
Note that GreenCape gives preference to suitably qualified internal candidates first and reserves the right to not appoint to positions and to change the role in response to applicant abilities and interests. Preference will be given to designated groups and people with disabilities. All appointments will be done factoring in our Employment Equity Plan.
Queries can be submitted via email to Human Resources at [email protected].